Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break--Part One

Friday


John's grouchy driving face!

We loaded up the camper and drove as far as Bakersfield where we parked in a Walmart parking lot for the night. I never noticed the amount of motorhomes in the back of Walmart parking lots until we got one but I guess they have an open door policy.

yes, we own it.

yes, we're a little WT!

no, we don't park it next to our house!








Saturday

More driving...

We were thrilled whenever Owen took naps because he is in a pre-talking, often screaming phase. Not so fun on a long road trip!


The big kids just color, read, play their leapsters, or watch movies. I love that they can lay down in the camper and take potty breaks whenever needed!

Vegas Baby!




We made it Las Vegas and stopped at a favorite place off the strip--Bass Pro Shop.



It is a hunter/camper/fisher haven; however, we are none of those! (at least not to the extreme!)--we just like the taxidermy animals everywhere and the extreme sports equipment.


This place really is amazing--HUGE and the kids love it!





After that, we went to the strip where we forgot our camera in the camper...Of course! That's okay, it probably would've been pg13--bordering on rated R anyway! I forget how crazy Vegas is--nudy pictures everywhere--on billboards, statues, flyers littered on the ground! The kids kept covering their eyes, "Ahh! naked person!"



We were there during the day but still fabulous!

Anyway, we found some good, clean fun by watching the water fountain show at the Bellagio which the kids loved! Owen freaked out every time the water got really high--it was pretty cute. Then we went to the Segfried and Roy Secret Garden at the Mirage to see the white tigers and dolphin habitat. It was good but not great (the aquarium at Mandalay Bay is much better!) We walked through the Forum Shops at Caesar's to see Triton's fountain come to life and then went to the botanical gardens and chocolate waterfall at the Bellagio. Hannah wanted me write that she got a blister from her Crocs and walked up on her toes all day. She was such a trooper--she never complained. The kids had a great time!
We got to my parents house in St. George and settled in for the night.

More to come later!

9 comments:

Rob & Karli said...

I love the picture of John's grouchy face! That needed to make it to the blog! Looks like you guys are having fun!

Sally said...

Your kids are so cute! We are jealous of your motorhome. Next time I see you I want to hear how you found it. Jason has a WT fantasy of driving a motorhome around the US for a year...maybe you should caravan with us. :)

Shannon said...

You guys are killing me with your trip to Bass Pro Shop!!! We went there in AZ... what is ti about that place? WT, yet oh so fun!

Mandi said...

Okay, I love the picture of the kids doing the claw. I have a feeling you put them up to that. Looks like you guys had a blast! And who says trailers are wt? I think they can be very classy!

Britt said...

My kids are so jealous of the camper...does that make us wannabe WT?

AnnieB said...

Everyone needs a little WT!!

Leisa Waldron said...

You have been BUSY blogging! And look at you skinny mini mommy you! You look awesome Annie! Your kids are the cutest, I still can't believe how big Alex is now, I still remember the little blonde baby boy who is now Owen! :)

The Ahumadas said...

I have always wanted to stop at the Bass Pro Shop, next time we drive through Vegas, I am going to! The camper looks so awesome, I love the picture of Hannah just lounging in the back!

Marilyn said...

These are so cute, Annie. You really captured the fun of it all. Thank you so much for coming to visit us. It was absolutely the best! Love you, Mom and Dad