Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Song of the Birds

The other day we were walking into church and Jake says very seriously, "I love to hear the birds sing."



It was so sweet and genuine and sooo Jake...He's my little pensive guy. The best part though was when immediately afterwards all three of them busted out in song as if on cue, "Whenever I hear the song of the bird, or look at the blue, blue sky..."
Sister Hock would be so proud!

It's such a cute primary song, I have to include the 1st verse:

Whenever I hear the song of the bird or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose or walk by a lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world Heav'nly Father created for me.


It's always a lesson to stop and smell the roses (or listen to the birds!) when we view this beautiful world through the eyes a child!

No comments: