Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day in Berkeley

The day after Christmas John didn't have to work so we headed over to the Lawrence Hall of Science in Berkeley. The kids had earned free passes there for completing their summer reading program at the local library and they were going to expire at the end of the year.
The view on the way was beautiful (I can't say the same for us--we are all a little raggedy! See crazy bedhead and Hannah's socks and shoes ensemble!)

The place looks very cool from the outside...
And the kids loved the HUGE killer whale...

And climbing on the DNA...
John checking out the view...

Alex put on a puppet show for us...
And he loved the magnets...
Hannah's favorite was the animation spinners...
And Jake loved the live animals...
Owen loved everything but especially the telescopes and looking up close at bacteria..."Eww! Bugs!"

I'm just glad it was free.
After that we headed over to Cordonices (sp?) Park for their big cement slide. The kids loved it and we had a great time!






This is what my kids usually look like when not posing for the camera...Hitting, crying, whining...we get our fair share!

We ended the day with dinner (and of course, dessert) at Fenton's. Yumm!
Fun day!


2 comments:

Rachel U said...

oh my gosh. i LOVED the lawerance hall of science when i was little! i actually had my birthday party there two years in a row! i miss that big huge whale! your kids are the cutest! i love your blog.

Rob & Karli said...

When did Owen get all of that hair?! Oh my gosh, everyone is so cute! I hope you had great day today (the baptism)> I was thinking of you guys, and wishing I was there! Love you!