Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Big Sur Memorial Weekend

Ahh Big Sur! The rugged, rocky, beautiful coast off highway 1...

Yes, we planned a trip right after the cruise.
Yes, we are a little crazy.

We loaded up the camper and took off for a weekend of camping with the Callaways and many families in the Danville Stake.
We did a lot of biking...

Crossing logs...
(Getting busted by the Forest Rangers for dangerous behavior!...)
Playing in the dirt...
Finding tree caves...


Becoming Junior Rangers with Awesome Sarah...

Imitating wildlife...
Hiking...

To beautiful Pfieffer Falls...
And then up to Vally View...

(I love this picture!--Such good friends!)
(Bad Hair Day Famiy Pic! Keep in mind we haven't showered for two days. John's hair gets really fluffy!)
Cooking over the open fire and making sparklers with a stick... (Alex and Daddy could've done this all night!)

On Sunday we attended "church" in the middle of the redwoods sitting in camping chairs with everyone from the Stake and we heard some beautiful testimonies. It was a wonderful experience. The kids want to have church in the woods every week!

On the way home we stopped at a Asilomar Beach in Pacific Grove where we found a beautiful spot...

To be with friends...
To climb rocks...


Play in the sand...

Discover sea life in the tide pools...


Chase seagulls...

And get really dirty...

We were in desperate need of a shower by the time we got home.

Dirty, but revived! Love this Earth and being in nature!!

6 comments:

Rob & Karli said...

You guys are on vacation more than you're home, I think. Rob wants John's job! I love all the cute pics of the kids. John looks like he has a military haircut. :)

Rach said...

Wish we could have been there with you! Next year.

Mandi said...

great pics! i don't know how you do it!? how cute are marren and hannah holding hands! she has sisters in the callaway family!

Britt said...

We'll take Hannah as a sister anyday! We love that we live here and can have so much fun with our families together. Love ya.

Camille said...

Love it! I so want to travel with the Blatter fam in the RV. I know I have said this before.... but JEALOUS!!!! Great pics I love the one where you are in the backround looking like a vampire from Twilight!
I met Maryke in the hall, but didn't bring my camera! It was really cute I gave her hug in honor of our Annie! I we talked in the hall for a few minutes, mostly about you and how much we love you! How she is sure yo haven't changed since highschool....And I said probably not you are as beautiful and lovely as ever. She looks great and was 9 months pregnant.....I think she is having her baby today- a c-section. We promised to get together after her craziness dies down.

It was fun to meet, next time I will take a pic. love ya

Jessica said...

You take the most amazing pictures and I always love your comments the words seem to paint as beautiful a picture as the actual pictures do. You are very talented! Thanks for sharing!
Jess