Friday, October 17, 2008

Ewww!

(this is not for the faint-hearted!)

My kids found this...

a DEAD RAT in the backyard under the play structure! Oh, my body is involuntarily shuddering as I write this. Please, someone tell me what is it about a rat's tail that grosses me out! That gruesomely large and substantial appendage that gives me the shivers! It's like it has a life of it's own! I should have figured out a way to use this as a Halloween decoration, but no...

Alfonso to the rescue!!

There was no way I was waiting til John got home.
First thing my children say, "MOM, you've GOT to blog about this!"

Hmm? Halloween Decor?
Beware Trick-or-Treaters!! Ooo-ha-ha!! (creepy fingers)

(eww, another involuntary shudder! I'm creeping myself out!)

7 comments:

Farrah said...

G-rooooooossssss!!!! I feel the same way about rat's tails.

Unknown said...

I'm shuddering too! does that mean there are more? I'm sorry. Maybe time for a cat?

ps. I LOVED Ceila's post about you. So true and so cute.

Unknown said...

OH that was me - rach. not my hubby stalking your blog :) although I'm sure he would enjoy it.

Camille said...

I am shuddering with you! It makes me think of Templeton from Charlottes Webb! I have never seen a rat only little mice that are much cuter in comparison!

Mandi said...

i love it! halloween decor!!? string that thing up and dangle it from somewhere scary! gross! i bet the kids were going bananas! fun today with you. maybe we'll make crafting fridays a new thing together. wouldn't that be fun? and we could make camille jealous and get her to move back! ahhhhuuuuhhhaaaa (evil laugh!)

THE MACDONALDS said...

I love your latest blog set up! Did Mandi do the pictures of your kids? So stinking cute! I hate live rats let alone dead nasty mite infested ones. I am so glad you were at that party last night! You made my week! It has been a long time since I have seen you and it was so fun to hang out! It is the first time I really enjoyed an office extravaganza! Lets get together sooner rather than later! :)

Jacob B said...

tell John you need a year round pest control service contract. that will help! ( :