Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fun-filled Week with Georgia!

(and Uncle Jon and Aunt Farrah too!)

Sorry! Lots of pics

My brother and his wife Farrah and their one-year-old cutie, Georgia, came to visit this week and we had a wonderful time.  They had a rough time getting here as their flight was delayed several hours, they were forced to sit on the runway with a one year old on their lap for two hours and, of course, lost luggage upon arrival. Oh, and East Bay traffic on the way home, too. They were such good sports when they got here and let my kids swarm them and climb all over their uncle and kiss all over and hold Georgia!

We had a great week with many adventures. We laid out by the pool and swam a lot.
Georgia gives it a thumbs up! She was so cute and sweet and happy and easy going.  I don't know where she came from!! ;) She is a joy!
By the end of the week, Farrah and I had synchronized the babies naps so that we could put them down and then grab our book and a lounge chair to rest and sun bathe. 
My kids LOVE their Uncle Jon and he doesn't seem to get too tired of them and all of their affection and attention.  He even had a sleepover with them on the trampoline one night (of which there was not much sleeping on his part. Good sport!) Hannah, however, didn't wake up until 10:30 am--birds chirping, sun shining, lawn mower, et al!! A girl needs her beauty rest!
Now that's a good uncle!

Love this shot! Cannonball!

On Saturday we went out on the boat...
The kids were so excited--it was the first trip out on the boat this summer!
Even the little ones did great...

Georgia was the cutest little French sailor ever!

Owen (aka Rudolph) would not keep his hat on so this is a rare shot!

Aunt Kim went with us and was great company and a great help.  

Uncle Jon got up on his first try...

I love this shot of Georgia watching her daddy!
John getting some air and then attempting a flip...
Tubing...
That's my girl!
They got waterlogged and thought it was so funny, so then they'd do it on purpose!
Owen taking his nap! I thought he must have been so comfortable laying on me like that until I later looked closely at the picture and noticed the strap between his legs!! Ouch!

Some other favorite shots of the day...





More snug straps!!

On Tuesday we went to the County Fair...
This was one of their favorite rides! Hannah, Jake, and Alex are on the very far left of the picture
Alex was tall enough for most rides this year so he was so happy. He enjoyed his older brother showing him the ropes...
Jake just read this over my shoulder and asked me, "What ropes?"



The FUN SLIDE!!...


Poor Owen spent most of the time in his stroller...
And of course, we had to see the animals...
Georgia's first encounter with a cow
Cute Farrah!

More rides...




We found this stage with a microphone and the kids were loving it! Okay, maybe not Jake, but Alex and Hannah kept going up to sing. It was pretty cute!


It was a great day at the fair--fried food, funnel cakes,  and 4H. Cotton candy, corn dogs and carnies (toothless ones, no less)!  Doesn't get better than that!

We had a great week with Jon and Farrah and Georgia. We barbecued, watched movies, talked, went out to dinner without kids, had a delicious meal by Farrah, and just hung out.  
We miss them already! We are hoping this becomes an annual trip to see their crazy Californian cousins!
We love you!

8 comments:

Mandi said...

okay, first of all that alligator raft just catapolted me back to when I was like 7 years old swimming in our lurpy pool! Holy cow... I wasn't expecting to retreive that memory anytime soon. So my question is... when do you guys stop having fun? I love the baby wedgie! Georgia is such a cute name. Love it and love you. got the check and your clips are being made!

Rach said...

So cute! So fun! I can't wait to hang out with you soon.

joni said...

Are those life jacket straps brutal or what!? Looks like you guys had lots of fun.

nevethered said...

So much fun. Are you the funnest place in the world to be a houseguest. Can we sleep on the tramp?

Camille said...

I MISS YOU!!! I want Annie/Blatter summer time! We have to find a way to move back....outside CA living is overated! You guys are such a fun family craziness and all! Brutal Wedgies, I love it!

P.S you look great as always!

Jon Lamoreaux said...

I am horrified by my cannonball picture. I look like a fat, hairy, beached whale. Which, is what I look like in real life, so I guess it's accurate, sadly.

AnnieB said...

I LOVE the cannonball shot! You were just getting into character--you don't really look like that I promise. What's a good cannonball splash unless you have some girth and heft behind it!!??

Farrah said...

Yes, you are officially the funnest place in the world to be a houseguest!!! I love all of these pics. I tried to edit my post, so I don't have nearly as many good ones. Thanks again for everything! And thanks for posting that awesome cannonball pic of Jon - I knew his brain was going to melt when he saw it!