Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Speaking of Aggs...

"The Underwear Mystery"
Here's a funny story that he'll hate me for telling later but I just can't help myself.
So a week or two ago I noticed that Alex was out of underwear. Completely out. Now, I do laundry every freaking day...seriously...it never stops. So, I was extremely confused by the disappearance of all Alex's delicates. Where could they be? Not in his drawer, not on his floor, not in the laundry basket, not in the clean clothes pile (that is always overflowing and ready to be folded and takes up space in my bedroom), and not in the clean folded laundry (that is always piled and ready to be put away and takes up more space in my bedroom). I know you can relate.
Finally, I go to the source. "Alex, Where is all your underwear?? I don't understand how it's disappearing!"
Alex slowly and sheepishly points to two pieces of furniture in his bedroom--the desk and the dresser. Confused, I say "They're in the desk and dresser??"
Alex again sheepishly shakes his head no and then proceeds to pull out a pair of underwear BEHIND the dresser. And then another and another. He and I continue to pull out a whopping 16 pairs of underwear, a p.j. shirt, and 4 p.j. pants--20 items!! Some were so far back I had to get a ruler to excavate! What is up with that!?! He had stashed them all away! I don't even want to think about how long they were back there. Gross! Of course, he's embarrassed because they all have either skid marks or little yellow stains on the front and he didn't want to tell me!
They stink! Somehow, the dresser encapsulated the smell and as soon as they are released into the air, it reeks! I'm angry and I'm trying to stifle a laugh at the same time (a constant paradox of disciplining cute, mischievous kids, I might add) and then I get my camera.

16 PAIRS!!


He was mortified at first and said "DON'T PUT THIS ON THE BLOG, MOMMY!" but then being the ham that he is, he warmed up and wanted to get his picture taken with the evidence.
More chronicles of Mommyhood.

9 comments:

Marilyn said...

Too funny! Love those Aggie stories. They, and HE, are priceless!! And how hysterical that at first he was mortified, and then wanted to pose with the evidence. Love your Mommy Chronicles, and hail to the power of the blog!

Marilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miranda said...

Oh Annie, That is so funny!! I think that is one of my favorite Blatter children stories so far.

Britt said...

Oh, the thought of the smell is making me a little ill. Oh, Aggie!

Unknown said...

That's nothing that a couple of cold days with Brad and the hose wouldn't fix.

Rach said...

That is soooo funny, you had told me the story, but to actually read it with the photos is priceless. And yes, Brad could fix that with the hose if you want :)

love ya

Camille said...

dude....so can relate! I find the treasures by sniffing out the rank somewhere in their room and and behold stashed in the closet in corners,under the sinks and beds!

I now do a daily check at the hot spots for their stashes.

Lisa Marie said...

Annie!!! I can relate! Reid pulled a similar move a couple week ago by not throwing them in the hamper but out in the garage? Gotta love boys!

Farrah said...

Hysterical!