Friday, October 9, 2009

Visit to Washington

To see my nephews Liam and Logan.

My brother Steve has two boys who are living in Washington with their grandmother. Steve and his estranged wife are not quite fit to raise them and are trying to get their life in order. The boys live in a beautiful home with their grandparents Bill and Rita and an Uncle Jared who is 14 and wise and kind beyond his years.


It was so great to see the boys and to see that they are so well taken care of. They were so full of hugs and love and kisses and affection and I couldn't get enough of it. They were not in a good place with my brother and his wife and their volatile relationship but they have come so far with the love, stability and structure that Bill and Rita have provided.
We went to lunch at the Oyster House on the Puget Sound....

Me and Liam

Grandpa and Liam

Grandma and Logan

Rita and Liam



Bill and Jared with us

The Sound

After lunch we walked along the pier and toured a little original boat called "The Sandman"...

Cute Logan and Liam...



After that we went to my cousin's house for dinner and to stay the night. It was fun to see family that I hadn't seen in years...

My second cousin and his beautiful wife and daughter

My second cousins--one just got home from a mission and the other is just leaving!

My first cousins Ruth Ann (who has raised 6 handsome boys who have all served missions! I tried to get some pointers) Kathryn, and Mark

"Uncle Terry" (my dad) and his neices
In front of their house they have these huge holly trees and they were gorgeous! She sells the holly to tree lots and vendors at Christmastime...


It was a wonderful trip and so good to see family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Annie, what a good and sweet Aunt you are to visit those little guys. They are so lucky to have you. Love and miss you girl!