Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tribute to the Twins!

Happy Birthday Jake and Hannah! You are 8 years old today! EIGHT YEARS! I could not be prouder of the two of you!
Here is the first image I ever saw of you...

Two big, round heads flashed immediately on the ultrasound screen and I started to cry and daddy's knees gave out from under him! I was shocked and thrilled and overwhelmed. I was nearly five months pregnant before I found out about the two of you and I went almost full term.
You were almost 14 pounds of scrumptiousness! (Jake weighing in at 7lbs, 7 oz. and Hannah at 6 lbs.) You had the softest cheeks and sweetest faces. I was in love!
We brought you home from the hospital and realized we were in for an adventure!...






















It has been an amazing adventure! I love you both so much! You are straight-up delightful!

Hannah--you have always been my best girlfriend ever. We've had inside jokes since the moment you could smile and giggle. You have a wonderful sense of humor and a great attitude. From the moment you were born you had your eyes wide open and wanted to embrace it all. You have an amazingly sweet disposition, a quick wit, a love of life and adventure, a beautiful wisdom and grace. You are an angel and I love you!

Jake--You are the sweetest little man ever. You are kind and compassionate and obedient and so good--you are good to the core! You are cautious and studious. You are a thinker and a lover. You get completely immersed in the things you love whether it's animals or drawing or Mario or Pokemon and you share your enthusiasm with everyone around you. You take care of others and choose the right and you make me so proud.

Promise me you'll continue to look out for each other and cherish the bond you share from being twins! You are special siblings and fabulous friends and wonderful kids and we love you!

Happy 8th Birthday!

13 comments:

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

what a sweet post! What darling kids. And what a wonderful mama.

Farrah said...

Oh my gosh Annie, those are the best pictures!! They kind of made me tear up a little bit!

I don't think I knew that you didn't find out you were having twins until you were five months pregnant!!! Crazy. And I still can't believe you carried them full term. I am now fully aware of what a huge deal that is with twins.

Britt said...

I missed so many of those in between moments. It was nice to see the evolution! Happy Birthday, Jake and Hannah. You guys are the best!

Marilyn said...

What a wonderful post and what a sweet tribute to Jake and Hannah. No grandparents could ever be more proud and love their grandchildren more than Grandpa and I love Jack and Hannah. Grandpa was on a layover in London when he called to find out about the baby and found out there were two. He said he told everyone on the streets of London and also announced on the airplane home that he was going to be the grandpa of twins - a boy and a girl! We were so excited and thrilled with the news. We love you so much, Jake and Hannah, and your brothers and your mom and dad, too! We can't wait to see you all again at your baptism. Thank you for such a fun time at Christmas. Love you always, Grandma and Grandpa

Camille said...

Tears...Tears I MISS YOU! I love those little twins. You are so good at documenting.
I have been thinking about them turning eight, jackson is getting baptized jan 10, the Kenitzers are coming.

cmontroy said...

so cute! I remember the e mail I got at work, and couldn't believe you were having twins! Jenny and I were so excited and overwhelmed for you! And then who could forget that belly at my wedding, you were the cutest pregnant lady i had ever seen! You amaze me!

laurel said...

All of those pictures are so darling! How special!

I cannot believe you carried 14 pounds of baby around!

Dwayne the bathtub... said...

So... how did the peanut butter balls go? I am dying to hear if you made them.

Mandi said...

love it. i can't believe they are 8! that means that is about how long we have been soul sisters! seems like 88 years. is there any limit to the amount of cheesyness in blog comments?... because I definilty just exceeded it! But, I DON"T CARE. love you, love your cute kids and love this post. they have grown up so fast and so well.

Emma said...

beautiful kids! happy birthday to them!

Leisa Waldron said...

Thanks for sharing all of the pictures of them growing up! I LOVE the picture of Hannah and Jake asleep and Hannah has her arm around him. So cute. :)

The Ahumadas said...

Such cute pictures! It's funny how they look so similar to their baby pictures even at 8. By the way, Weston has a crush on Hannah and blushes if we talk about her.

Chelsea said...

I love this post! How fun seeing your twins grow up:)

You are one lucky momma!