Thursday, January 28, 2010

Oh Owen!

Love...this...kid!
Because the silly string ran out, they decided to use shaving cream instead...


with some good buddies (aka partners in crime)

Recent Funny Owen Stories...
One day I heard him crying and I called for him and he came to me with snot running down into his mouth and said, "Mommy help! I got bless you all over my face!"

Another day I was getting him dressed and I pulled a face because my shoulder was kinked and it hurt and he noticed and said, "Mommy, do you need a get better? Let me kiss it for you."

He's had a difficult time getting over Christmas. For several weeks after he would walk into the living room and look at the big windows where the tree used to stand and say in a melancholy voice "Chwistmas is over." and hang his head with such finality.

He also still asks everybody he comes in contact with whether it is a friend, a cashier, a teacher, random people on the street, "What'd you get for Chwistmas?" Usually they can't understand him and they lean in really close because they know he's asking something serious. He always asks again and then I help translate. It doesn't matter if he's already asked you. He'll ask again and again. The point is that he gets to tell you what he got which is always "Caws" (or cars). Lightning McQueen and Chick Hicks if he gives details. He is in love with anything Cars (especially from the movie) and his favorite cartoon is Tom and Jerry.

He always tells all my lovely friends that he missed them every time he sees them. "I missed you Bwitt." "I missed you Aunt Wisa", etc. Such a flirt!

He gets his hot and cold mixed up and breakfast and dinner. Every morning he wakes up and says, "It's... morning time!" and then asks me what we're having for dinner? He is obsessed with pickles and wants to eat them for every meal. He also likes cold hot dogs straight out of the fridge (so gross!)

He cracks me up every day. He is so funny and sweet and cute and cuddly...but then spunky and mean when he wants to be. He loves using potty talk to make his older siblings laugh and he likes the word "stupid" lately which is new for us as all my others knew that word was forbidden and they obeyed! He has definitely learned to defend himself with the older brothers. He loves attention...probably because everybody loves him and gets so excited to see him--he's like a mascot! "Ohhh-wen!" they all yell and run to him with their arms outstretched for a hug. All of the kids' friends get excited to see him at school and all the youth at church love him too. He loves it.

He has a funny walk where he sticks his belly out and moves it side to side and a run where he kicks up his feet to his bootie with flourish--both of which he does to get people to laugh and he loves breaking out in a happy dance. He is a joy! He even closes his eyes and sighs when he hugs you. Irresistible! Oh Owen!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

too cute!!

Camille said...

got bless you- so hilarious! Oh ! so cute!!! Can he say my name cute too?? No he doesn't know me :(

Emm said...

aww! how adorable! too cute.

www.emmjustlovely.blogspot.com

Britt said...

I missed you, too, Owen.

Farrah said...

So adorable. Georgia just discovered the movie Cars last week and is SUPER into it too. So funny. I've been introducing her to all the Disney movies (Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Little Mermaid, etc.) and the one that she likes the best so far is Cars. Although she did get into Finding Nemo too.

Marilyn said...

How fun for Owen to have a post all to himself - he is so cute! Does he know his birthday is coming up soon? Is he going to have a party? Love his funny sayings and doings.

Kim Blatter said...

Haha!! This is amazing! I love Owen even though he doesn't always return the love! Ha!